Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Reason for it all

Why roobaron? Started as a joke and it stuck.
In Aus. we have beer barons, media barons and cattle kings. So why not one animal which is unique to Australia, the kangaroo or known locally as roo or due to their massive numbers roos. So was born the nick "roobaron".
I remember a while back there was a media storm about the culling of roos which I think even made it to the UK (I was there at the time). The population has seriously exploded due to the number of extra watering points such as bores and dams which have been built to sustain the sheep and cattle.
Kangaroo tastes pretty good too. Must be cooked medium to medium rare due the low fat marbling.

Now I am just rambling...
At some point I will get over it and use my real name rather than a nick. I have been using the internet for a long time using nicks is second nature as anonymity was/is a big part of the internet.
Back in them olden days sonnie almost everyone used a nick.

Have Fun

No comments: