Thursday, May 03, 2007

MySQL summary posts

I have Frank's blog on my RSS feed.

Here are a couple of posts discussing some recent presentations at the MySQL conference.

Google and MySQL
Innodb performance optimization

If you are looking for the MySQL conference presentation materials they can be found here

Unfortunately given the push for sparse presentations (in terms of words). Having the audio and
any screendumps/movies would help as well. There is nothing worse than listening to a podcast or audio from a presentation when the speaker is constantly referring to slides or something on the screen which you can't see.

But I guess you can't have everything, before you tell me I should have gone, I live 17 hours by plane away and my kids hate me leaving for any length of time as they wonder if I am ever coming back (remember the passing of time is different for young kids) .

I am still learning MySQL, probably faster as I come from a database background.
The mantra of recording what HAD happened rang true, sometimes being more important than what IS happening. Measuring everything and having a historical record to use to reconstruct is something clearly missing currently from MySQL and until recently SQLserver.

Have Fun

Paul